Weekly Reflection 4

I thought that the video on the Connectome being explained on five different levels was very interesting to watch. I have never heard this term before, but I have heard many discussions revolving around the neural mapping of the brain. It is something that I have thought about before, personally, because it is an interesting conversation on whether or not it is ethical, if possible, to map a human's brain and study it on a computer.

I enjoy the topic of artificial intelligence in general, because there is a lot of fear mongering surrounding it when it is potentially a very beneficial resource that humans will be able to access in the near future. The article connecting artificial intelligence to Frankenstein was a great read, and compared Frankenstein's monster to that of a "robot". The creature was made with some sort of vision set out by Dr. Frankenstein, however, it did not come to fruition and the creature was able to develop a mind of its own, acting against the intentions of the mad scientist.

Comments