Weekly Reflection 3

I really enjoyed the structure of the content and the class for this week. Surprisingly enough, my favorite part of this week was creating the paper proposal outlining the topics for my final research paper. The reason I enjoyed this so much is because I was able to create a prompt that I am interested in and directly relates to me, which I then proceeded to spend hours studying on, learning about the queer Gothic and its relevance in 19th century England.

The most interesting homework assignment for this week was watching "Mad Monster Party". I have always been a huge fan of animation, especially animated horror. This film is a stock motion creation that was originally developed in 1967. I have always found stock motion to be quite unsettling, however, the plot of this film was also very humorous and confusing at the same time. There is a lot to take away from viewing art from a different era, which also allowed me to think more deeply upon the topic of parody and satire and its relevance in culture today.

Comments